Attorney Angela J. Gibson
Experienced employment lawyer in Ohio
Angela has dedicated her entire legal career to employment litigation and counseling. Prior to joining Gibson Law, LLC, Angela was a partner in the labor and employment practice group of one of the largest law firms in the country. In that role, she advised employers on their employment practices, including advising on employment policies, discipline and termination, reductions-in-force, employment contracts, wage and hour issues, medical leave and other benefits.
She also represented employers in administrative proceedings and in litigation at the local and national level. But in the fall of 2018, Angela decided to join her husband, Brad, at Gibson Law, LLC. She made the leap, in part, because she wanted to provide employees caring, dedicated, and competent representation.
Since Angela has joined Gibson Law, LLC, she has represented employees in various matters. She has successfully negotiated increased severance packages for terminated employees and advised executives on employment, change-in-control, and restrictive covenant agreements. She has also represented several employees in sexual harassment and Equal Pay Act cases, litigated discrimination and retaliation cases and has represented employees in wage and hour claims, among other matters.
Angela is passionate about what she does. She understands the importance of client communication throughout the process and is committed to helping each client feel comfortable each step of the way.
- Ohio, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2013
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- An Advanced Review of Sexual Harassment Claims and Legal Defenses
. . . Presenter at the Cincinnati Bar Association, August 21, 2019
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
. . . Presenter at the Cincinnati Bar Association, July 11, 2018
- Top 3 Employment Law Trends in 2018
. . . Authored publication in the Cincinnati Business Courier, May 10, 2018
- Featured in Venue Story Titled “Disparaging Remarks on Job Boards are a Growing Concern for Employers”
… Published Sept. 1, 2016, Venue Magazine (2016 edition 3)
- Guest speaker on NPR affiliate’s morning radio show to discuss new DOL overtime rules
… Cincinnati Edition, Aired on WVXU on June 14, 2016
- Prepare Now for Change in Pay Laws
…Co-authored publication in the Cincinnati Business Courier, April 11, 2016
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
J.D. - 2006
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Member, Moot Court Honor Society
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
B.S. - 2003