Harassment & Hostile Work Environment
Employees are entitled to a workplace that is free from harassment based upon their sex, race, religion, national origin, age and disability. That includes protection from both verbal and physical harassment. Harassment is unlawful when the behavior is so severe or pervasive that it creates a hostile work environment for the employees.
Behavior that may establish a hostile work environment for employees includes:
- Jokes, slurs and comments about any of the protected groups
- Dissemination of pictures, emails, videos and/or text messages that are improper
- Objects or symbols in the workplace that are offensive
- Being requested to engage in a sexual act in exchange for either a positive impact at work or avoiding a negative impact at work
- Behavior that is aimed at intimidating or threatening certain protected groups
- Inappropriately touching or fondling employees
If your employer has subjected you to a hostile work environment, contact us today at 513-834-8254 for a free consultation to discuss your right of recovery.